Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Alone Again In The Lap Of Luxury

So what are the pro's and con's of living on your own?

The obvious plus point is that you can do as you please, without having to consider somebody else.
On the spur of the moment you can just go ahead with whatever you suddenly feel like doing.
The downside is feeling lonely and isolated sometimes. I'm quite happy in my own company, but I know which I'd much rather prefer.

Then there is the 'domestic bliss' side of things. You can leave your house or flat in a right state, with nobody to politely remind you to tidy up the place...but hold on a minute ~ this isn't me!

As no doubt my ex-girlfriends will testify, I am extremely tidy, house-proud and domesticated.
I do all my own cleaning, washing and ironing, and I can cook to a certain extent. Living on your own doesn't bode well with cooking I find, so I tend to 'snack' throughout the day.
As for being tidy, well it's inevitable that after living with a sufferer of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) for a long time, certain traits of this condition were bound to rub off onto me. But I like to think it's more a case of always living in small apartments with restricted space, which makes me keep things in their place and remain very minimalistic with regards to my possessions.
The funny thing is that I am never happier than when I'm living with a woman.
Even if it's only been for a short while, I've always loved having all of her underwear strewn across the place, and the flat taking on a real lived-in appearance.

Women can have a tendency to take over the bathroom however!
Being a bloke who shaves his head, my accessories and smellies are minimal, as my only real grooming products can fit into a small washbag if neccesary.
The other funny thing about women I've found is that generally they are very conscious of getting ready, putting on their make-up, and fixing their hair.
I just love lying in bed as they parade around in their lingerie, trying to get all their 'stuff' together, then watching as they proceed to get ready.
When it comes to me all I have to worry about is a quick shower, brush my teeth, put on my smellies and buff my head! Lol.

Sharing a bed is another interesting topic, and for now all I'm talking about is actually sleeping!
I'm a very light sleeper, some would even say I'm an insomniac, so the very slight movement by my partner in bed can awake me instantly. Not that I'm complaining as it's one of the lovelier things in life ~ watching and listening to your lover sleeping...and I mean this is a loving, caring way ~ not in a creepy way I assure you!
One of the positive aspects of working a nightshift with certain jobs was that my partner didn't have to worry about waking me up, as they had the bed all to themselves during the night, but if I timed it right I could return in the moring either for a quick snuggle up, or at the very least to an empty but warm bed!

Another good thing about being single is walking down the street and noticing a pretty lady without feeling guilty! Unlike most men I can do this quite discreetly, and it's a lovely to sometimes have a smile reciprocated. I may not be a Brad Pitt lookalike, but I do still appreciate a fine looking woman, and some ladies say that I possess a certain twinkle in my eye, with a cheeky-chappy sort of aura...and this has served me well over the years! Lol.
The negative side of this is that I'd much rather walk down the street hand-in-hand with the love of my life.
So I guess it's swings and roundabouts isn't it?

Overall, I can honestly say that I'm easily adaptable whether I'm living on my own or living with a woman.
And I can also honestly say that after experiencing both and being very comfortable being on my own, I'd much rather live with a special lady in my life...any takers?

Solo Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment