Thursday, April 14, 2011

Materialistic Women

As you get older some of your ideals and values may well change.
Certain people feel stability within a relationship should be based more on the financial aspects than the emotional ones, and although this isn't a status that I believe in, I do understand those who do.
I've always believed that if you truely love someone, then it doesn't matter what you earn, what car you drive, how big your house is, or how much money you have.
Unfortunately, there are those who do so I have to respect their opinions and agree to differ.

If I were to be categorised in this way, then I would currently be a waste of space!
No car, no house of my own or mortgage, and no money in the bank.
They say if you earn the same as your wage then you're doing okay.
Well I'm only a third of the way there on that scale at the moment, but I did once get close.
When I was working nights with TNT and helping out during the day in the office for a period of time, my relevant P60 for that year came close to eclipsing my age...and I was quite proud of that! (thanks Lucy)

I mentioned in a recent blog about dating an ex-top-shelf model/lapdancer...well, she fits into the category of a materialistic woman.
She drove a flash new BMW convertible, owned a massive house in the country, and had whatever she wanted in life. Yet when I look back to all the times we went out, she never once went 'dutch' or put her hand in her own pocket...I always paid for everything.
Now I'm not sure if this means I'm a soft touch, or whether her riches were gained by these methods she used, or whether her wealth was actually an illusion, but it proves my theory and moto in my life to be true:

Poor in life ~ Rich in love.

Solo Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment