Friday, April 8, 2011

Wining & Dining

When it comes to wining and dining women, believe it or not I am a bit of a novice!
Most of my relationships just naturally evolve, without the initial dating scenario of meeting up for a drink or a meal. So the only wisdom that I can impart is a few experiences and observations gained over the years.

Firstly, I must state that I enjoy wining and dining the ladies. As I've gotten older I've found that I'd much rather spend their company over a lovely meal ~ great company, good food, and fascinating conversation.
I have recently had the pleasure of sitting outside on a sunny day, sharing a pub lunch with a lovely lady friend, chilled beer in hand...it doesn't get any better than that.

On the flip side to that coin, I can recall going out with a chef for a while.
Believe me this isn't very romantic, as every dish got scrutinised for it's freshness, quality, and appearance. When she said that she could tell instantly whether or not the dish had been reheated in a microwave rather than cooked fresh, I lost my appetite and unsuprisingly the relationship didn't last too long.

I haven't been to too many swanky, posh restaurants in my time in order to try and impress a lady either.
I like to think that so long as the food is of a good standard, and the venue is pleasant then everything else should just fall into place, as it's the company that makes the moment special and memorable.
Having said that, I wouldn't dream of taking a girl to McDonalds for a date...seriously, I've known some mates who have!

I'm also not an authoritive person when it come to wine, but I quickly learn.
Most ladies seem to have their own preferences, so I abide by them and share their tastes accordingly.
Well, it's worked for me so far... a nice glass of a sheraz or a merlot usually does the trick.

When it comes to my own culinery skills I like to stick to tried, tested and trusted methods.
I can cook a mean omelette, and my grilled breakfasts have always gone down well with anyone who happens to have stayed the night.
Like I said before, I tend to snack myself, but I find that most people are also quite partial to one of my legendary cheese and ham toasties when I fancy making one.
The other secret of my success is to ply the women with booze first!
I can slow-cook something in the oven, and whilst they're hungry I make sure I keep the supply of nibbles and savouries available...that's the real secret ~ keep the side dishes of crisps, peanuts and the like topped up at all times and the drink flowing. By the time the main meal comes out, they're either too full or too sozzled to notice anyway!

I guess I'm a simple fella with simple tastes, which also applies to food, but that doesn't neccesarily apply to the women in my life judging from my track record...but hey ho ~ that's life & I ain't complaining!

Sole Steve
.

No comments:

Post a Comment