Monday, April 11, 2011

Babies & Children

As you get older and meet new women, it's only natural that if they are of a similar age then they will have a history too (I hate the word baggage)...and in some cases this can obviously include kids.
Now, I love kids...as anybody who really knows me will confirm.
So the idea of taking on somebody else's children has never been a concern for me ~ my feelings are simply that if you love the woman, then you love everything about her...and the children are part of her life in such a big way.
I also know that any decent mother would lay down their own life for the sake of their kids, and this only makes me love the woman more.

As far as I'm aware I haven't got any children floating around. When you live to be an old man like me it's inevitable that you have the odd scare or two, but nobody has ever turned up on my doorstep with child in tow, and I haven't been contacted by the CSA as yet...but I have always moved around a lot, so maybe they just haven't caught up with me yet? Lol.

The nearest I came to being a Dad was when I looked after a friends little girl, as explained in one of my previous blogs on 'A Spiritual Journey To Find A Home'.
I offered to adopt her, or at least to become her legal guardian, but things didn't work out and in effect my friend took any hope of this happening away from me after we fell out.
I know this little girl looked upon me as her Dad, and I remember the very last words she spoke to me before I left which were, "I wish you was my Dad".
It broke my heart but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I like to think that my friends who have kids, and my ex-girlfriends likewise, will back me up when I say that I'm pretty good with little 'uns.
It's unfortunate that I haven't got any children of my own, and although I've resigned myself to the fact that this will always be the case now, I haven't given up hope entirely...not when there's still plenty of lead left in the old pencil. Having said that, maybe I can't father children and I'm a jaffa (seedless)...who knows?
There was one particular lady in my life, where we decided not to take any precautions but alas no pregnancy materialised...although it wasn't for the lack of trying as we practiced loads!

The bottom line is that I love kids, and in the majority of cases kids love me...so time will tell I guess?

Solo Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment